Friday, February 26, 2010

What's for Dinner? A Very French Meal



Simple, but all about precision! That's the French way.

When you use such basic ingredients as chicken, starchy vegetables and eggs, there's no need for excessive flavouring. The foods speak for themselves.

I'm going through a bit of a souflee faze right now, so this time I baked them in cuttsie individual pots with a little handle. They puffed over the edge in the oven, but I thought it made them more rustic!

I browned the chicken pieces in a skillet with butter and oil, then I took them out, cooked the vegetables a bit then returned the whole lot to the oven. I added some miniature oranges to the skillet before letting it all finish cooking. A little broiling always does wonders!

Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment