Thursday, April 15, 2010

What's for Dinner? Chicken Drumsticks, Rice Pilaf, Asparagus & Homemade Tortilla Snaps w/ Bruschetta Topping








Tortillas are surprisingly easy to make. It's really just flour, water, baking soda/or rising agent, butter/oil and seasonings. Better yet - no rising time! Just a quick nap for 10 minutes in a dry warm place and that's all. Mine crisped up nicely in a non-stick pan and were 'snappable'.
The bruschetta topping: greenhouse hothouse-tomatoes, garlic, s&p, EVOO, etc...

The chicken drumsticks were marinated in an orange/sour cream/paprika sauce that gave them a nice - almost burnt crust with delicious tender meat. The dairy in the marinade caused the black bits, but I quite liked it!! (My mom and I have a weird thing for burnt food: potatoes, popcorn, the list goes on).


1 comment:

  1. I have a really excellent tortilla recipe if you're interested...it does involve using pork lard, but they are flaky, soft and outrageously delicious! I make them whenever I can.

    ReplyDelete