Monday, May 10, 2010

What's for Dinner? Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff


Today I had a quick changeover between then end of school and my young driver's lessons. (That's right! I have my G1 and am determined not to be a terrible driver, much to the belief of my family). Tennis practice ended at 4pm, home at 4:30, lessons at 6pm.
Game Plan:
Started a hearty beef stroganoff in the slow cooker the night before, when I got home, transferred the lot to a saucepan to reduce. Added the sour cream and flour.
Boiled pasta on the side and when it was halfway done, added the noodles to the meat pot and let them soak in the lovely juices. Finished with good Parmesan and cracked pepper and Italian parsley.
Just 20 minutes after walking in the door, dinner was ready and I had time for homework before driving lessons.
Mission Accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment