Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Andrew's Favourite Snack


I think the magic about cornbread is more the after-taste than anything.
When you first bite into it, it will be slightly corny and delicately sweet.
After swallowed, the lingering flavour will be more intensely corn and a little nutty.
Andrew begs for cornbread week after week. I once made it with pieces of shaved, sweet corn, but he complained that it made it too sweet. He likes it just like an authentic southerner... baked in a round, cut out like slices of cake, and with a good bite! (Due to the grit in the cornmeal.)

- 1 cup of flour
- 1 1/4 cup of stone ground yellow cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 1 quarter cup of veg. oil
- 1 cup of butter milk
- salt
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1tbs baking powder

Mix everything until JUST moistened and pour in a spring-form pan to bake for 25 min in a 400 degree oven.

*Possibly the SIMPLEST recipe in the world. I just don't get it. Why does he like cornbread so much?! He doesn't even originate from Louisiana!!

2 comments:

  1. Your cornbread looks yummy and good and I can't believe you made it all by yourself! I am impressed! Love Ava Mary (Ms. A's Daughter)
    Dear Claire,
    This blog is outstanding - just like you! I look forward to sharing it with my fellow foodies and to check in and see what your latest creations are!
    Very Inspiring! Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there :)
    Thanks very much! I appreciate it.
    I'll keep on uploading as long as people keep reading.

    ReplyDelete