Saturday, August 7, 2010

What's for Dessert? ..... OH MY GOD!




THE BEST pie I have EVER made!!!! Forget it! The BEST dessert I have ever made!!!
"The effervescence of the mist coming off of Niagara Falls. Like a cloud...of Lemon!" - John Matlock
You have to give it up for Betty Crocker. It took about 3 hours from start to finish, but I can't stress the worthiness!!
Sugar/corn starch syrups, Egg whites, Tempering egg yolks, cooling pie crust, rolling, pouring, whipping.
Scrap it all! It was SO SO SO SO good!

4 comments:

  1. After seeing your parents(assuming)with the big smile after wiping the desert, I want my kid to be a cook!!!

    He is only 3 months old but still I want him to be a cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I think all parents wish for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Claire, I will send you the recipe I use for a Lemon-Lime pie with a brown sugar Italian meringue topping. It is beyond spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be great Laura!!
    -->
    bearmatlock@hotmail.com

    (I'll make it and take a picture of it for the blog).

    ReplyDelete