Friday, September 10, 2010

What's for Dinner? Breaded Sole on a Bed of Arugula, Roasted Cauliflower, More Potatoes, Coloured Carrots and Herb Oil

Just went to the CSA pcikup this afternoon.
The selection was beautiful!! Our second batch of Kohlrabi is in and all I can say is YAY!!!
I made some more fish tonight because we are trying to use everything that has been sitting in the fridge. I ground up some old home-made bread and added paprika, parsley and a just a little sage with salt and pepper for the breadcrumbs.
I roasted the beautiful head of Ontario cauliflower because it brings out such flavour!
More potatoes... man... like third night in a row here! There are just so many this time of year, and they are very cheap at the market. If I had more time on my hands these days, I would be more inventive with them, but I'm back in school/work full time, every day, every week until Christmas Holidays.
I'll save up my talent for then...
For now, we're heading into cold-season, so everything coming out of the kitchen will be quite the opposite.

Everything tonight was served with an herb oil to drizzle which comprised of minced basil, parsley, salt, pepper, EVOO, and a smashed clove of garlic (removed after it infused).

No comments:

Post a Comment