Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What's for Dessert? The Most Local Apple Tart You Ever Did See!

I found an apple tree near the Grand River today.
Long story short, I used a stick to prod 35 apples off the bugger and now I'm eating a deelish Apple/Pastry Cream French Tart with pulverized pralines. That tree didn't know what hit him!


*A note about the apples: I put them in that container because it was the only one I could find in the trunk of the car at the time. I swear I actually took the stick to the tree! **The sweetest apples had already fallen though...

1 comment:

  1. Pie looks delicious. I was at a pick your own place over the thanks giving weekend and my kids piled the trunk up.

    So we are making different types of apple juices and bothering neighbors and colleagues with free apples.

    Delicious recipes. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete