Monday, November 1, 2010

You Voted...

I really thought that carrots had a chance at winning this week! But of course, POTATOES were the grand winner. You voted them as your favourite fall ingredient. It looks like I'll be featuring them in a soon-to-come blog post.
It's too bad I don't have my mandoline yet.
(I asked for one for Christmas, along with new baking sheets and a proper ice-cream maker --> This is the one I'm looking at http://www.amazon.com/White-Mountain-F64306-X-6-Quart-Hand-Crank/dp/B00002N62G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1287971860&sr=8-1 )
If I had a mandoline, I'd make rosti-potatoes. We've been getting lots of practice in Hospitality class at school, and if I only had a few russets and few tablespoons of duck-fat... I'd be all set!
If you have any recommendations on this weeks poll winner, let me know :)
I'm thinking something with fingerlings, but that's conditional on whether I find them at the market.
Remember to vote for this weeks poll!!

No comments:

Post a Comment