Thursday, December 23, 2010

What's for Lunch? Fiery Pasta for a -18 Degree Afternoon

What better way to heat-up in the kitchen then with a bowl of spicy, flavourful, rid-you-of-your-sniffles pasta. I used as much local produce as possible in this one: The tomatoes we canned over the summer, my nono's canned chillies that were grown in his backyard, my nona's sun-dried tomatoes and their garlic from the garden. I boiled the pasta in heavily salted water, meanwhile, pan fried the garlic in some of the oil from each of the canned-goods (the sun-dried tomato oil was particularly nice) then added in the chillies and tomatoes. I threw in some fresh parsley towards the end, then drained the pasta and added it to the pan to slurp up the wonderful juices. I garnished with some dressed arugula, although not in season, a wonderful contrast in bitterness to the spicy-sweet dish.
A 15 minute dish that beats any bowl of canned soup :D

No comments:

Post a Comment