Saturday, April 9, 2011

100 Mile B.L.T.

It's always fun when I get to re-create "normal foods" out of 100-mile ingredients. Ironically, I never used to eat things like BLT's or grilled cheese until I started this challenge. Being able to sit down at the table and have a relatively normal looking meal (as apposed to a heap of cabbage) makes me proud!
100 mile spelt - Goldenhearth bakery
No-spray greenhouse grape tomatoes - FlorAlps Farm
Peashoots - ??? (but I was guaranteed they were local)
Bacon - Charles' Meats

2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire,

    I just wanted to let you know your tomatoes are from Floralane Farms in Elmira. Floralp is our Supplier for Sunflower oil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine too Mayrose! I love their sunflower oil and use it on/in everything! Roasting squash, dressing salads...mmm... :)

    ReplyDelete