Sunday, July 24, 2011

CwC featured in the KW Record


A few weeks ago I had the pleasure to sit down with Renee Francoeur from the Waterloo Region Record & Grand Magazine. Over a glass of icy strawberry water we discussed the challenges and rewards of taking on the 100-mile diet as a local teenager. I couldn't be more pleased with the story - featured in the "Etcetera" section of the newspaper this Saturday. If you didn't get a chance to, and would like to read the story, here's the link --> http://www.therecord.com/living/article/567616--everything-just-tastes-better-teen-on-100-mile-diet-says

5 comments:

  1. You should totally start a cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Billy,
    I'm thinking that might be a fun idea for when the year is over. Only problem is, I almost NEVER use recipes! "Bit of this, bit of that...and voila, dinner!"
    My fave cookbook right now is the "Ontario Table" Cookbook
    --> http://ontarioculinary.com/?p=7733
    It's the closest I've come to strict 100-mile cooking and it features local foods from around Ontario. Really innovative, delicious recipes. Pretty nifty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Claire. I'm happy to see another positive story on the topic of eating locally. Well done.

    Cheers,
    Peskychicken

    ReplyDelete
  4. To note: You've mastered the 100-meter diet. Now THAT is truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete