Monday, July 11, 2011

Spring Vegetable Medley with Creamy Dressing

A lovely 100-mile mix of wheat-berries, potatoes, onion, turnips, peas, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, carrots in a homemade mayonnaise-like dressing, bursting with fresh herbs! I topped the bowl with a fried zucchini flower. The flowers are such a treat at this time of year.
I essentially threw every ingredient into this, and it was delicious! Key to bringing it all together was a balanced dressing. Keep on tasting as you add more vinegar/lemon, salt and herbs to get the perfect balance.
*A potato-salad type dressing should always be stronger when eaten on its own. When it spreads over the vegetables the strength will mellow out.  My measure? If you dip your finger into the bowl and the sauce makes you pucker.. you're golden!


2 comments:

  1. I read your story in today's Record and went through a number of your posts. You are an inspiration and I look forward to following your blog (and your fame to come!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ruth,
    Thank you so much!!
    That's wonderful to hear, I'm really pleased with the article too.
    Fingers crossed something might come of it.
    Until then I'll just be in the kitchen...

    ReplyDelete