Friday, August 19, 2011

100-Mile Brunch

I thought I'd give you a taste of what my typical 100-mile breakfast/lunch looks like. I usually stick to posting dinner meals because I have more time to think about recipes and prepare them. While a few months ago I would have been eating oats, spelt, bread and/or eggs in the morning, summer is a chance to cram as many fresh-foods as possible into the day. Rarely do I stick to "breakfast foods" in the morning and "dinner foods" at night. As far as I'm concerned, as long as it's edible (and relatively healthy), it's free game, any time of the day. Cheesecake was a personal 9am favourite before starting the challenge :) As you can see here, my 11am brunch included fish, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc. I bought a loaf of sprouted-grain bread from George the Milkman (I'm still on the waiting list for unpasteurized milk...) which I toasted and topped with a tomato/cucumber salad, including lots of fresh basil. Smoked salmon used to be one of my favourite foods before I started the challenge, so my substitute is smoked rainbow-trout from Lake Huron. A 2-egg omelette - eggs from "The Unfactory Farm" - fried in ghee, rounded off this tasty start to the day.
Thanks to Natalie and Pauly from the gym for the best tomatoes ever!!

1 comment:

  1. You're the second person I've talked to in a week that eats Cheesecake for breakfast:P

    ReplyDelete