Wednesday, August 10, 2011

National BBQ Contest Winner!


The results are in! 
People from all over the country threw amazing barbecues featuring local food from their regions. I had a blast reading through all of the top entries. Birthday parties, thundershowers, Brickworks, farmer's markets, you name it... Canadians sure know how to throw a party. 
Better yet, "By buying local food you are supporting your local farm families and economies, eating food with higher nutritional content and preventing pollution from the extra packaging and transportation." 


If you sneak a peek at the last post (beneath this one) you'll understand why I'm thrilled to announce that I won! See the link for the full story. National BBQ Day Winner...
Thank you for all the support from friends and family!
This tasty success puts two Westjet tickets in my hands.
...Now, where to go and who to take...

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a well deserved win!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! If you do go to Halifax, you could check out one of their Community Supported Fishery programs like http://www.offthehookcsf.ca/. My friend is enjoying this, and practicing how to clean and fillet fish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!
    And what a great idea :)
    I might just do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you could always go to Vancouver, and bring me with you.... you know since i live there... congradulations on winning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha true that!
    It WOULD be fun to climb the rockies...
    Though, if I'm getting my money's worth... hawaii will be tough competition :)

    ReplyDelete